Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 3-detox

Day 3 actually began at 1:52am when I woke up to terrible lower back and leg pain.  It was awful.  However, when I got out of bed for work I was alert and wide awake.  That lasted all day.  As soon as I got to work I did a quick yahoo search on detox side effects and sure enough it seemed to fit.  Something about toxins entering the blood stream and thickening blood and whatever.  It hurts.  I started today with a smoothie (blackberries, banana, almond milk, and 1 scoop detox powder)  Throughout the day I had 3 apples, 2 bananas, a salad with red wine vinegar and 3 bowls of vegetarian chili.  Yes 3 bowls because after a lunch run and a  swim I needed  it.  The run was very painful.  My legs ached with every step and I realized very quickly to drop the watch and enjoy the leaves.  Day 4 brings some challenges.

Here's what has been eliminated:
1- meat, sugars, alcohol, artificial everything
2- also removed dairy and egg
3- eliminated wheat, rye, barley, corn

Day 4-  eliminate remaining grains, nuts and seeds.  Wait to see what 5-7 is. 

I'm still at 171lbs but, I am way hydrated with over 200oz of water today to combat the leg pain.

No comments: