Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Now that that is over!

Ok. Back to regular blogging. Now that 2010 is history I feel like I can turn a new page to something better. That last 12 months just sucked a fat one for me in terms of triathlon. Can’t blame anyone but myself. My workouts are picking up a bit. I’m now running more than ever without pain. Last year at this time swimming was a priority. I had some periodic cycling going on as recovery and the run was around 30 miles a week with a long run on the trails of about 22 miles in 3:40. Now I’m not doing that long run and my weekly total is closer to 40. Hills are my concentration. I feel that I am behind though. Many other people are training a lot more than me right now. I have a strong feeling that some mid season burnout may be thrown into their race plans. And what’s with everyone buying computrainers this year? Geez, I would kill for that disposable income. I guess it doesn’t really matter though. I’ve always fought the uphill battle and come out on top. I’ve thrown out the option of a coach this season. I had one for a short period of time last year and I was still making all the decisions and then I ended up with a torn calf. Peace out to that. I know me better than anyone. Now I guess it’s on to a proper diet and some alone time pounding concrete. It really helps that Natalie is running again. The wine and beer isn’t around to derail us. I guess a 430 wake up call does that. It’s one of those things and I’m glad she is part of it. She knows how much it sucks to be dead tired and then try to push a workout with a headache. That’s if you even get out of bed. So that’s one more thing I got in the bag.
I am truly amazed how slow I have become in the pool. I am actually embarrassed about it. This morning I was struggling on 300’s on 1:10 100 pace. Last spring I was swimming 300’s on 3:03’s. I also wonder what will happen when I lose these 10lbs. I am running faster than I ever have and I’m pushing almost 180 lbs. Trust me, it’s not muscle. I think it’s mostly gummy bear…

The resolutions are in place and so far so good. I didn’t choose just one, I went for it all. I’m a little miserable for it but, who cares. What doesn’t kill you right?

No added salt
No caffeine
No gummy bears
No chips
No dips
No pointless snacks
No pre-swim snack
No Fried food
Low Bread
Low Beer
Low days off.

1 comment:

Janet Edwards said...

No gummy bears??? How ever will you run?