Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Quick follow up

Well I didn’t want to blog again until I dropped below 166 lbs. Looks like that just isn’t possible right now. So rather than having to lose 10 I now need to lose 13. I know I have been really loving the xmas ales but it just doesn’t make sense. I really don’t want to dwell on it as there is so much other crap going on in my life. To focus on the point of this blog I won’t get into any of that.


I’ve made several additions to the 2011 training year. The one big thing is biking. Yes, I am actually on the bike at least 4 hrs a week. I know to some that’s nothing but, for me it’s big. I am typically able to average 22-25 mph over from 40k’s to half irons. (IMKY was 21.97). I don’t have to work all that hard at it and have never biked before March. Hopefully the added effort will show some new gains. I’ve been running a bit as well. Beginning of December I saw that some people were running a lot of trails. Well I need to burn the calories so I hopped on the band wagon. Just starting to wonder if maybe I should have signed up for a January 50k because I’m trained for it. One big training goal is to get through these holidays! I hate taking days off and have had 3 in December. Problem was that they have all been in the last 8 days. The schedule of running all over the place and then celebrating something every 2 seconds is making it tough (hence the 13 lbs.). This winter so far I decided to cut out the swimming. As I approach Jan 1st I think I will knock that crap off. I really enjoy swimming; even a moderate day is still recovery to my legs. I will not be swimming the Potomac River in 2011 so I won’t need 35k weeks in Feb. and March. That will free up a ton of time. I still want 3-4 swims a week at a distance of 4k and one day at 6-8k. It’s just been real tough getting up in the morning. Blah. It’s the lack of sun I’m sure.

January 1st always seems to be that day to bring relentless focus back into my life. I’m looking forward to it. I have been thinking of a few resolutions. Here they go:

1. One cup of coffee a day. NO redbull.

2. Cut back on the starchy whites.

3. More sleep! That means in bed reading or watching re-runs of teen mom by 10.

This all seems pretty easy to handle. Well, the caffeine thing is going to suck a fat one. Hopefully I ease right into my regimen of over training and exhaustion bliss.

No comments: