Thursday, July 1, 2010

Just whining.

Another week of training done. Last week I hit it pretty hard. I’m not doing the long stuff I did for Ironman but, I’m getting out there with some hard efforts. I think I’m afraid to train too much because I don’t want to piss anyone off. If I sign up for Ironman Lake Placid in 10 days I will be solely focused on that race for 13 months. This is a challenge that scares me. That’s awesome…I think.
Lately I’ve been running well, biking ok, and swimming better than everyone. I can’t figure out why. Sunday I races the Summitri in Munroe Falls. I went into the day dead dog tired. I ran 16 tempo the day day before and hit the bike real hard the 4 days prior. I got off the bike running 6:10-6:20 comfortably. That’s fast for me. I usually run 6:50’s on a sprint. The only thing I can think of is that this pre-injury fitness. Yesterday I got out to ride some hills. I went down to the valley for 90 minutes and climbed almost 3000 feet. Not very much I know. Some people without jobs or responsibilities do this in a half hour everyday. So what. I ran a bit after and returned home close to 9:45p. This morning my alarm goes off at 4:10a and I must have reset it or turned it off. I got out of bed at 6a and I was pissed. Immediate justification wheels started turning. Then I hear “this seems to be happening a lot lately”. Well I don’t know. Lately, I drink then go faster. I skip a workout and go faster. Where’s my punishment for cutting back? I think that question will be answered next Sunday in Rhode Island when I hit the wall 50 miles into the bike. Or maybe not. I do put many 3-5 hour training days in. The bottom line here is this. When I sign up for a 2011 Ironman I will do everything to make sure that I am 120% ready to toe that line. I’m sure that’s good for a few midnight MF-ings.
Next up. BMX racing with my boys. This is going to be great. We have Sarah swimming somewhat almost sort of with a little structure. She has a meet tonight. That will be cool. Can’t wait to see what kind of talent she has in the water. The boys are starting bmx this weekend and I see talent in both of them already. It’s tough raising star athletes…

No comments: