Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 9 of 10

So that's pretty much it.  Day 7 and 8 were uneventful.  Basically I just ate baked apples with cinnamon and saurkraut soup.  By the end of the day Saturday my stomach was a mess!  I made it through though.  I got my interval bike in and my long run.  I even felt good enough to get a 2 mi open water in Sunday afternoon.  Natalie has decided she wants to detox now.  I sent her over to the chiropractors office and pick up a kit for herself.  While there she asked about some of the side effects that I had early on.  The back ache and leg cramps mostly.  I guess I went through it too fast.  That's ok because I'm done...sort of.  I decided to continue with Natalie.  I am going to go through the program with her except I won't take the supplements.  That being said I will obviously need something.  I will make an adjustment and keep some extra fruit and veggies throughout.  I may also keep beans as well.  Even with some tough days I still enjoyed the experience.  I've learned a lot about what I eat and how it effects me.  For example, I did eat a scoop of homemade cookie dough.  Now it's not really bad chemically but, it has sugar and butter in it. My stomach is bloated and I'm nauseous.  I think it's the butter.  I also watched a movie called Forks Over Knives.  It's basically about meat killing us.  NOW DON'T EXPECT ME TO SAY I'M GOING VEGGIETARD*.  I'm not.  There is a balance and I have to find it.  According to the documentary it's 5-10% animal protein.  So with a little math 1gr protein is 4 calories.  5% of a 2500 calorie intake is 125 calories of protein or 31 gr.  I would like to think that is expanded to total calories because we aren't counting cholesterol or fats.  So basically I'll try to shoot for <250 ca a day from an animal source.  Why so drastic?  Because I feel good.  I'm running well, I'm healing well, I'm sleeping well, I'm crushing the bike and swim.  The best part is that I'm losing weight but, not strength.  HAHAHA it's only been a week.  I could be so wrong.  What's the worst that can happen?  I eat a lot of veggies and fruit for a month.  It's not like I'm suffering. 

Today's tally:  167lbs. lost 5 in a week. 

Back to basics.  no meat, no dairy, no artificials, no alcohol.  Everything else is game.

*Def.- VEGGIETARD (n) one who does not eat meat and lets everyone know.  Bacon Deficiency Syndrome (BDS) falsely allows a feeling of superiority.  Symptoms also include anger for taking responsibility and desire to have what is not earned. syn. Mac owner.  Occupier.  unemployed

Best definition ever!  Makes me laugh.

No comments: