Friday, July 30, 2010

Just an update.

I haven’t posted in a few weeks because I’ve been a bit busy righting some some wrongs. After Rhode Island I skipped my recovery and went right back to training. I put on some hard bike miles. I hit the hills several times. I lost 6 lbs and all my clothes are loose. I did 2 sweat loss estimates and it seems as though I lose about 38 an hour in 88 degree weather during race intensity. From the research I did an efficient body can take in up 33oz per hour leaving me with a deficit if 5oz. If I do the math right I would hit a critical heat stress point in about 90 minutes. Well bike and run together is almost 4 hours…See my issue? So that’s why I cut a little weight. I have a strong mental plan in my head for next weekend. I will have my nutrition planned and this time I will run with my own stuff. The following days will be dialed way back. Nothing over an hour except for a brick on Sunday. M-F will be short and tempo.
Sunday I can toe that line knowing I’m ready. Seconds before the gun goes off my mind clears, I hear nothing . It is almost like a free fall. My body’s version of a cntrl/alt/del. The gun will crack and I will be in motion. All at once the silence will be filled with sounds of racing. Water gurgling, breathing, wheels humming, wind zipping through my helmet. Who knows what the next couple of hours will hold but, to me it doesn’t matter. Trust in myself backed by the knowing of proper preparation will surely reward me with success. No matter how it’s defined.

That’s what it is all about.

No comments: