Monday, January 2, 2012

I survived the New Year...Barely.

Since Thanksgiving I gave into the temptation of xmas ales, chicken wings, late nights and poor recovery.  My body wasn't punishing me like it should have been.  I'm running well, biking often and swimming 12-15k a week.   Now it's January and my foot hurts and I can barely rotate this right shoulder.  Paybacks I suppose.  Two weeks ago I said I wanted to enjhoy the rest of the year and draw in focus after the New Year.  Hear we and here I go.  I was considering a race schedule change.  Instead of The Columbia marathon I may add TryCharleston Half in April.  That is still up in the air.  Back before Thanksgiving I did a 10 day detox and it worked great.  I felt good and really think it made a difference in recovery and healing.  The holidays got me off track a bit and now I want to go through the whole program.  28 days.  Now if I were to pay for all the supplements it's like $250.  That's a race fee to me so I'm not going that route.  I am planning the stick to the program but, cut back on the amount of supplement.  The first week allows for some meat.  I'm just cutting it out all together.  I actually feel better when I take in only small quantities of animal protein.  The program also calls for "light walking for 30 minutes up to 3 days a week"  Right.  So I'll have to increase my calories or life will be tough.   Day 1-7 it's basically no meat, no gluten, no artificial anything, no dairy, no corn, no oranges, no refined sugars (alcohol), no caffeine.  Day 7-13 is really tough and that's where I'll need to food supplement.  I'll post about that in a week.

So here's to a new year.  Lean and fast.

2 comments:

Janet Edwards said...

Happy new year and waiting to hear how it went!

Mandie said...

Hi, Nice post. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com