Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Just a little update

I let this season settle into a close. Man, it sure went fast. Seems like just the other day Frank and I were on our 8 hour B-day training adventure (that was January). I’ve eased myself into a Fall off season that permits a little excess indulgance but, also keeps some events on the calendar. I would really like to do 1 or 2 marathons soon. I have some base from the summer that I could role over. I know I won’t PR but, that’s not really what I’m interested in. I want a race atmosphere with some hills. I want to bike hard the day before. I want this marathon to hurt. Two weeks later, I’ll do it again. After that I’ll take 7 days off of running and chill a bit. Then it’s time to start building that base. Ironman Lake Placid. Yep, that’s the big show for me in 2011. 100% focus. Eat, Sleep, Breathe IMLP. My wife is a massage therapist so I have the luxury of pushing it a bit harder more often. She will fix it. I know I can bump running mile 20% 3 weeks in a row, she’ll fix it. I did not have fun getting dusted this summer. I did not like the feeling that I never really achieved the level of fitness I wanted. A lot of other things were acomplished though. My kids started BMX and are doing well. My daughter got a pony and is working that whole thing well. Natalie finished school and is just waiting for State Boards. And some other stuff I’ll just keep to myself for now.

Big things for 2011. I am really excited to have an Ironman on my plate. 2010 was just not a challenge, and I trained that way and I paid for it. The 2 year plan is tough. One year down and in most aspects I’m ahead of where I wanted to be. Number 1. My move to full carbon with a set of race wheels. That’s huge. I’m dropping from 24 lbs down to below 19. 5 lbs I don’t have to lose off the belly. Number 2. I have joined forces with a great nutrition sponsor that will help in all aspects of recovery. Hell, I’m well known for “overdoing it” so this will help in monstorus ways.

Lot’s of exciting adventures for 2011. Can’t wait to share them.

No comments: